Musings About MHR Canada: Excerpt #15
Written by Teddy on January 7, 2022
How long will Covid-19 and its variants cause difficulties at the boarder between Canada and the USA. Thankfully, not all crossings are a bother especially for those going into the US. Our friends south of the of the international line seem to be much more welcoming for us to enter the States than our government is willing to take us back.
Maybe the States likes our colorful money?
Well, I really don’t think that’s the situation, in fact, we kinda like US bills here in the north. There’s a saying that says, “Keep Canada green with American money”. Cute, eh? But I digress!
They say that for anyone crossing into Canada it’s simple, as long as one does each and every boarder crossing requirement beforehand. Oh, what are they, you ask? Here, read this and pay attention to them:
- Have at least two Covid vaccinations and carry the proof of vaccination with you.
- File an entry plan at the website listed at: ArriveCAN – Canada.ca
- If anyone decides to stay for more than 72 hours, they must have proof of a negative molecular test result for Covid-19 and these must be taken no more than 72 hours before crossing into Canada. These tests might be available at your local health department office or at CVD pharmacies and maybe even at other places???
I blew it royally on our trip into the States to visit to the Mars Hill Radio Station for an in-and-out appointment on December 1, 2021. It was a perfect storm… not weatherwise but otherwise!
- First, after checking on the web to see what we needed to do for a day trip across the boarder I blew it by not finding the requirements. So what? Can I help it if I’m computer challenged?
- Then I forgot my wallet at home. Can I help it that I’m getting halfzheimers? (Thankfully it’s not Alzheimer’s – yet eh?)
- And then where was my proof of vaccination when we got to the boarder on the way back home? In the wallet of course.
After a lot of finger-wagging by the boarder control personnel, we got through that ordeal and back into Canada but with a quarantine order for 14 days slapped on us and a requirement to be Covid tested within 48 hour and again in eight days. That’s why this was called a “bother” crossing.
Were we, my Sweet Sugar and I, upset? Well yes: shame on us! Thankfully, it took about 20 hours to calm down and thank the Lord for this forced 14-day stay-vacation. As this is written 24 hours after the fact, we’re content… and that’s great gain. (See 1 Timothy 6:6.)
Submitted by Hank Blok
Secretary-treasurer, Mars Hill Radio Canada