Long term Investments for Sharing the Harvest
“…when the plowman plows and the thresher threshes, they ought to do so in the hope of sharing the harvest.” – 1 Corinthians 9:10
We believe that all Christians are called first to support their local church. Therefore, we ask that you give to the Mars Hill Network only after you have fulfilled your Biblical responsibility to your church. In addition to pledging as a yearly “Friend” of the Mars Hill Network, we would like to share the following investment giving opportunities.
A. Stock Donation:
Donation of appreciated stocks and mutual funds can generally provide a tax write off benefit of the appreciated value, not the original cost. A donor can avoid paying the capital gains tax that is charged whenever stocks are converted to cash.
Please refer to your tax advisor for advice and contact our office weekdays at 1-800-677-1881 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Central New York Community Foundation stands ready to assist you in exploring the potential benefits of charitable annuities.
1. Did you know that a charitable gift annuity can provide you with an itemized tax deduction today, quarterly income for you (and your spouse, if you wish) for the rest of your life and provide the Mars Hill Network with a permanent endowment?
2. The Central New York Community Foundation offers Charitable Gift Annuities, using rates set by the American Council on Gift Annuities that will establish a permanent endowment fund in your name for the benefit of the Mars Hill Network after you receive income for your life.
For more information on annuities and Mars Hill Planned Giving for the future including bequests, call the Central New York Community Foundation at (315) 422-9538 or go to www.cnycf.org
Our Pledge of Financial Accountability:
Mars Hill Broadcasting Co. Inc. is a listener supported Christian broadcasting ministry, dedicated to the spread of the Biblical message of God’s love and redemption. We are a New York State non-profit corporation located at 4044 Makyes Road, Syracuse, NY 13215. Mars Hill Broadcasting Co. Inc. has been classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Gifts to the Mars Hill Broadcasting Co. Inc. are deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.
Mars Hill Broadcasting Co. Inc is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability(ECFA) www.ecfa.org. As such, we are in full compliance with the financial management and reporting standards of ECFA. Instructions for obtaining our financial disclosure documents are available through our office.
The Board of Directors and staff of Mars Hill Broadcasting Co. Inc take very seriously the trust you put in us when you send a gift. We stand accountable to you, before God, to honor your trust…Therefore we pledge:
- To use your gift carefully and wisely in the fulfillment of our mission.
- To use your gift as you have designated
- To never ask for contributions that are not needed
- To never exchange, loan, rent or sell our donor mailing lists
- To have our financial records annually audited by an independent, certified public accountant
- To abide by the strict financial management and disclosure requirements of ECFA, including governance by an outside-controlled board of directors, appropriate use of funds, adequate financial disclosure and integrity in fund-raising.
Contact us for further information on sowing into long term commitments of giving to the Mars Hill Network:
Office phone: (315) 469-5051/1-800-677-1881